Friday, August 28, 2009

friday photos

today was a very good day, and despite being miserably hot and humid, it was rather productive and fun. i was up before sunrise, did a couple loads of laundry, had a cup of tea, got groceries (Trader Joe's!), went to four different thrift stores, made pico de gallo salsa from the most amazing locally grown heirloom tomatoes, looked at books, and, of course, took a few photos...



found another stick today...

Miss Emma being frisky

love this book!

i heart my vintage suitcases

that stick again...

Vintage Modern Boy and i adore the illustrations of Gris Grimly and Edward Gorey.


happy day to you, dear readers!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day! More fall like weather coming this weekend!! Woo hoo!! I love your pictures and I love how you decorate, especially the pumpkin with the creepy books underneath.........how halloweeny of you. :P Have an awesome weekend. Brenda

♥ miss.michelle said...

...a very productive day! So I hear ya, over here in my spot in California is VERY hot-100+!! Eek!

I'm dying!

Happy Friday~

tara said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! your kitty is super cute! I adora your vintage suitcases as well...great colors!

Hope you are staying cool~!

Tara

Shannon said...

I loved looking at your pictures! Sounds like you had a productive Friday! :)

Hello Lindello said...

Your home looks beautiful. Great eye!

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet compliment! :) LOVE the vintage clock and the chippy white table is SO fab! I also love vintage suitcases...swoon...yours are lovely!
Have a great day!

Smiles,
Rachel

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

Your photographs are so good - and of course you know I love your style. :) So happy we've crossed paths..! Off to check out your other posts...
-maria

Jasmine Mirra said...

Wow! That book looks fantastic!