Friday, October 30, 2009

a hat!

i've been meaning to show off the hat that i got from Littlebyrdvintage awhile ago, but since it hasn't been too cold yet, i kept forgetting.

however, the weather here turned sharply colder overnight and the trees are becoming more and more bare, and before we know it, it will be snowing! and while i'll still hold on to Fall for a little while longer, i believe i will be wearing my new hat in the coming week...winter or not!



i love this hat! (you can click on the photo for a better view) Rebekah of Littlebyrdvintage is so talented! she upcycles old sweaters into these wonderful flapper style hats. (she also make some amazing fingerless mittens, but i'll save that for another post!)

mine is made from a grey cashmere sweater and it is so very soft!

and i love the way it looks with my newly thrifted sweater that i found at Plato's Closet...one of the few non overly teenagey things i've found there.

sorry for the grainy picture quality here. chalk it up to the aged mirror, poor lighting, and my limited photography skills. let's just pretend i antiqued it, okay?

p.s. the clump of black fur to the left behind me would be Gimli. he hangs out on those suitcases whenever i'm in the bedroom. the funny thing is, the green one that he lays on is tapered, but he seems unaffected by it. weird cat.

19 comments:

Fox :::.... said...

Hello! What a lovely hat, it looks great on you. ^^ I do agree she is very talented.

Oh btw great finds on the earlier post. I <3 the camera.

Happy Halloween!!!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo darling! ...and I love your top as well!

Secondhand Stella said...

Cats are so funny.

Love the hat! It looks so pretty on you!

♥ miss.michelle said...

...you look adorable alicia! That is the only thing I haven't purchased from Rebekah{handmade}, as I don't think hats look good on me :( You of course, look fabulous!

I{heart}your.kitty!

~michelle.f

Gen Paire Soeur said...

Truly Darling Hat! Your top is just as darling!

~h~ said...

I have one too and love it dearly. Along with her mittens. Yours looks rather fabulous with that ruffled buttony magical sweater. (buttony is a word. I just invented it.) Hope all's well. :)
p.s. love those wonderballs. when we get back from vacation I'll have to snag one.

Anonymous said...

You look stunning in that hat! It's just perfect! :D Brenda

Aamie said...

You are turning into an internet sensation! You look great in that hat! Miss you terribly.

littlebyrd said...

xoxoxox! Thank you. You look lovely in it and I am LOVING your ruffly top :)

tara said...

You are adorable in your littlebyrd hat! i actually have one, I haven't had a chance to wear it yet as it is not cold enough, but am hoping soon!!!!
Love your little ball of black furr, so sweet!

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Loving the hat...and that sweater is gorgeous! I'll have to make a stop by the Plato's Closet in my area and see what I can find. :) Happy week to you! :)

Smiles,
rachel

Lisa Leonard said...

you are darling!

Anne Lorys said...

I love that hat! Nobody has as much vintage style as you do! You look good in everything.
Anne

Janean said...

great hat -- looks too cute on you!

Unknown said...

Love it!!! If it weren't for that decidely-modern digital camera contraption, I would swear you were a roaring twenties diva. :)

Unknown said...

LOVE.it.

I have 2 of Rebekah's clutches and simply adore them...and her!

You look wonderul in your hat :)

:) T

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

Beautiful hat from an incredibly talented woman..! And it looks fabulous on you - with that wonderful thrifted sweater, too...! Perfection, dear. As always. Hope you have awonderful weekend...

xo,
-maria

Mer said...

sooo cute and sweet, I love the hat!!

Marie said...

Love your sweater and hat! It's just getting cool enough for me to really wear hats, and I love them. Yours is sweet.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge