Wednesday, September 16, 2009

vintage jewelry and shop updates

i have been coveting so many great pieces of vintage jewelry on Etsy lately, that i had forgotten that i have some lovely things of my own.

my mama gave me these little screw-on earrings from her collection of old jewelry. i love the drabby colors and that they look like little gilt framed paintings.

this necklace came from my great great Aunt Leaflet. the pressed flowers have such simple, understated beauty, no? there is a mirror on the other side, and the contents of the pendant can be removed by unscrewing the bale at the top. i am considering slipping in a piece of a vintage dictionary page over the flowers for a different look.

and now for a thrifting/shop update...

i've gone thrifting twice this week already! last night i found some wonderful framed lithograph prints and an old beveled mirror in a gesso/gilt wood frame. i have decided to keep the mirror, along with some of the prints, and i will be showing photos of them in a couple days. but for now, here are two little treasures that i just added to the shop!

a little carved alabaster owl


and a glass bell jar


what thrifting treasures have you found lately?


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! My parents have an owl just like that, he's perched atop the computer desk in their den..........I grew up with him and still adore the little guy! Thanks for posting, I have missed reading your lovely blog! Goodnight! :D Brenda

Jane said...

You have some really nice jewelry pieces that you have inherited from you mom and great great aunt. Loved the earrings!

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Mmmm....LOVE vintage jewelry! My grandmother just gave me some of her vintage costume jewelry over the weekend.

Smiles,
Rachel

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Those are some wonderful finds. I just love thrifting. These are some of my finds from hitting some yard sales last Saturday http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/2009/09/saturday-morning-finds.html

♥ miss.michelle said...

...you have a good eye for some adorable finds. I'm in love with your glass/storage jars. They remind me so much of how old drug stores would store their candies for customers. They're my favorite! Looking forward to see what you decided to keep ;)
...I know it's hard, shopping, selling, keeping. But you do find a balance.

I'm off for some much needed sleep now, good-nite :)
~michelle

Secondhand Stella said...

I really like the earrings! The little owl is so cute.

I haven't gone thrifting yet this week, but I plan on going on my lunch break today.

littlebyrd said...

I love your vintage jewelry! Both the earings and that necklace are amazing :) How cool that you can put other things in there.
Love your find too. The mirror sounds like a must keep, good for you! I haven't thrifted this week. I am thinking about going today :)

Anne Lorys said...

I just discovered your blog via French Larkspur, and I'm so glad I found you! I'm in love with your Dansk Kobenstyle, I think it's calling my name!
Have a great Thursday,
Anne

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

That necklace is so beautiful...! and it has a little mirror on the back, you say? How awesome is that? And it was your great great Aunt's -- how very special... (and her name was Leaflet? How cool is that??) Loved reading this! Thank you.
-maria

Jeanne Oliver said...

You DO have some gorgeous pieces. I forget sometimes too how many lovely pieces I have. Thanks for the reminder to take a look through my drawer.