Saturday, November 28, 2009

sparkling



this morning i woke up to sparkling mercury glass (and a snoring Vintage Modern Boy). i jumped out of bed, grabbed my camera, and snapped away. i realize the black tapers are a bit non-traditional...especially for the Christmas season. but i really love them!

and yes, that poor pink tree has been moved...again. (things rarely stay in one place around here!)

i hope you all had a truly wonderful Thanksgiving! i sure did! i had plans to share a pre-Thanksgiving post, but it never happened. but i want you to know how thankful i am for all of your encouragement and inspiration!

the Christmas decorating is mostly finished...photos coming soon! but for now, it's hot tea and Meet Me in St. Louis in the glow of the Christmas tree. and maybe some Candy Cane Joe Joe's (Trader Joe's!).

a good night, indeed.

7 comments:

Anne Lorys said...

I am so jealous of you having Trader Joe's! I discovered it when I was in Portland this Summer, how I wish we had them down South!

I am so thankful for you, too! You have been a real muse for me, especially with regards to my photography and my Etsy shop. I just think everything you do, you do with such style.

Love ya!
Anne

Anonymous said...

Love the black tapers - and the little pink tree!

Secondhand Stella said...

I love mercury glass! Can't wait to see your Christmas decorations!

Aamie said...

The only thing missing in that tea & movie night was me! You are the only one I can watch my old musicals with :-) Miss you!

littlebyrd said...

I love the black tapers! Your holiday decor is so wonderful....i love the trees inder the domes :)

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! I love this time of year and I can't wait to tackle our decorating.....in fact, hubby is working on rearranging things as I type to make room for the tree!! :D Brenda

Leigh said...

I love the black candles too, especially with the metallic colors and a the splash of pink!