Friday, August 26, 2011

the story

aaah what the heck...

i might as well share the story...thE story. the story of where i've been.

i was married

was.

for over five years.

you knew me back then....i was cluelessly hopelessly oblivious to this storm that would crash my shore.

one day my husband (aka vintage modern boy) decided he didn't want to be married anymore (i'll spare you the carnage). it was rough. like an amputation with no pain meds, actually.

i believe marriage is forever, and i thought he did too. but he wanted out, and i was ripped in half. by him. (and sadly, his family, too.)

i prayed and prayed and prayed that God would come through and piece us back together.

He came through, but He didn't piece "us" back together.

He made me whole. without him.

and that, my sweet friends, is basically the story.

oh and one more thing:

LOVE

that is the key to all this. the key to life. the only goal we should have. what drives us.

it's LOVE

and if you don't have it, you have nothing.

you are nothing.

i learned how to love, really love. even when i wasn't loved back. and forgive. it's easier than you think, when you learn how to love.

but to learn how to love...

you need to learn how to be LOVED.
by the One who IS Love.

Jesus.

"ask...seek...knock." Luke 11:9-10

"i have loved you with an everlasting love." Jeremiah 31:3

"...and the greatest of these, is love." 1 Corinthians 13:3


3 comments:

bella said...

I'm so sad to hear your story - it happens far too much these days.
The good news is that you know Who loves you with an everlasting , unconditional love.
I know ,for me , it's what gets me through some days. I don't want to ever be without His love :)
Sue

briannelee said...

So glad you are back, but I am very sorry about what happened :(

april in iowa said...

I think there's a reason I read this post by chance...
I'm happy you've healed.
Some never do.
Wishing you much happiness.
~h